In June 2022 International Data Spaces Initiative is launching IDS Certification, a certification process to enable the establishment of trustworthy data sharing partnerships within data spaces, marking a key milestone towards data sovereignty based on the IDS approach.
Digital Hub Management GmbH (“DHM”), as a non-profit organization aiming to promote innovation and research and support the transfer of innovative technologies and research results into the economy, opens the IDS Certification Award 2022. The applicant will have to fulfil specific requirements and its compliance will be assessed by a committee of experts in the field of data spaces and data sovereignty. The call is open from May 19, 2022, until July 15, 2022, 17:00 CEST.
More information on the award, the requirements to apply and the complete process are explained here below.
Description of the IDS Certification Award 2022
DHM assigns 5 awards of 20,000 € for organizations which have completed the IDS Component Certification – Concept Review, as described in the Framework for the IDS Certification Scheme 2.0 and in the Certification Criteria – Connector Component 1.0.
To apply, the applicant must fulfil all the requirements listed below. The awards will be assigned via a jury of experts.
The prize money will be transferred to the winner after completion of the full certification process, which will be the case once the certification report is handed over from the evaluation facility to the certification body. The award covers one attempt. In case of a successful certification, the certification body will hand over the certificate.
The winners of the award will be announced between July 25 and July 29, 2022. The award will have a validity of 6 months, which means that the certification for the winning component must be completed within 6 months after the award is granted.
- The applicant makes sure he/she is familiar with the process described in the Framework for the IDS Certification Scheme 2.0, with the Certification Criteria – Connector Component 1.0, with the award process and the requirements illustrated in this document.
- If the applicant fulfills all the requirements, the applicant fills out the application form and sends it to DHM via firstname.lastname@example.org. Application for the award starts on May 19, 2022, and closes on July 15, 2022, 17:00 CEST.
- DHM will send a confirmation of receipt.
- As soon as the call is closed, the jury assesses the applications and checks the compliance to the requirements.
- The winners will be selected via the jury.
Assignment of the award to the winners
- In the week of July 25 and July 29, the applicants are informed about the results of the selection process in a dedicated email.
- The prize money of the award will be transferred to the bank account of the winner only after completion of the full certification process, meaning, when the Certification Body receives the final report from the Evaluation Facility.
List of requirements to apply to the Call for Participation:
- The applicant must be familiar with the process described in the Framework for the IDS Certification Scheme 2.0, with the Certification Criteria – Connector Component 1.0, with the award process and the requirements illustrated in this document.
- The applicant must provide a description of the connector, reporting:
- Name and version of the connector
- Name of the owner (company name)
- Name of a reference person and contact details
- Brief description of the technological stack (programming language, communication protocol, type of hosting)
- Purpose of the connector
- The connector must be compliant to the Certification Criteria – Connector Component 1.0
- The connector must have been tested successfully in an IDS Testbed prior to the application to the Call for Participation, i.e.:
- A certificate for your connector has been generated successfully.
- The connector was registered at the DAPS and received a valid DAT
- The connector requested and received self-descriptions from Connectors A and B
- The connector requested and received data from Connector A
- The connector was registered at the MDB with an exemplary dataset
- The applicant is ready to start the certification process in a timely manner after the assignment of the award, and the applicant is aware that the award has a validity of 6 months after assignment.